- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 1 large apple, peeled and finely chopped
- Heat your oven beforehand. Bring it to 180oC or 350oF. Apply grease lightly and baseline a 900g or a 9×5 loaf tin. Take a mixing bowl. Prepare a mixture of the cinnamon and the brown sugar in a utensil like a bowl. Leave the mixture aside. Meanwhile, in a stand mixer, mix the white sugar and butter together till the batter becomes smooth. Take the eggs and the vanilla essence. Add them into the mixing bowl and continue beating the mixture on medium speed until it becomes an even better with no lumps.
- Then sieve the flour and the baking powder together. Add them into the mixing bowl. Further, add milk into the mixture in the bowl and beat them until combined. Pour half of the prepared batter into the greased pan. Cover the batter with half of the sliced apples and pat them into the batter using the back of a spoon. Now do the sprinkling of the mixture prepared before, like around ½ of them on the apples.
- Then put the left batter over the apple layer that you just prepared. Cover this layer with the rest of the slices and include more cinnamon powder and sugar on top of the apple layer. Pat the top layer into the batter like before, using the back of a large spoon.
- Keep the loaf pan in the oven. Bake the batter for about 50 min. You could also use a toothpick instead to insert into the middle of the mixture and if it comes out clean; your bread is ready to be taken out of the oven. Keep the tin aside for about ten minutes to cool its contents. Then transfer it into a wire tray to cool. Now it’s time to serve the cinnamon apple bread with your friends and family.
- The heating must be done to the correct temperature.
- One can use another essence for more flavors.