- A day old bread 6 slices
- Melted butter 3 tbsp
- Raisins 2 tbsp
- Whisked eggs 4 large
- Warm milk 2 cups
- Brown sugar ¾ cup
- Ground cinnamon 1 tbsp
- Vanilla extract 1 tbsp
The recipe is very easy to make and is best to be served when you are having a homely gathering or a friend’s night in, it is warm and sweet and will go best when shared with ice creams and shakes.
- Start by first preheats your oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius, if you are using microwave convection. Now meanwhile, take an eight-inch square baking pan, oil it and then line it with parchment paper, if you don’t want to use parchment paper, you can dust cocoa powder around and over the oil.
- Now first throw the bread pieces into the baking pan and don’t arrange them. They should be roughly scattered, it becomes easy to pull apart after baking. Now drizzle the melted butter all over the bread uniformly once it is done, spread the raisins all around the bread.
- Now take a mixing bowl. Pour in it your eggs and whisk them well so they are well combined, then add warm milk and brown sugar. Whisk all these ingredients together and keep it.
- Now add half tablespoon cinnamon powder in the mixture. Again whisk really well and make sure no clumps are formed. Add vanilla extract finally into the mixture and combine all of them very nicely.
- Now pour the mixture on top of the bread and once you have emptied the contents. Press the bread down with a fork so that the bread is completely dipped with the egg mixture. Sprinkle some cinnamon powder.
- Now put the baking tin inside the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Serve hot. You can serve it with ice cream or whipped cream.
Cinnamon lumps are really easy to form, so if you don’t want to use cinnamon powder try using cinnamon sticks. Dip the cinnamon sticks overnight in hot water and add in the mixture whenever you require.