- 1 medium-sized beetroot with greens
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 1 lemon after peel removed
- 3 large tart apples, or any apples
- 1 cucumber
- 4 sprigs of mint
- 1 small chunk of ginger
- Start with a tall glass. Whenever you prepare a big jar of juice, imagine the number of members. Whether it is for the whole family or just for you. This will yield easily up to 4 glasses. Use a spoon to mix the stuff.
- Shop for carrots and apples. When shopping for fresh carrots, keep in mind the same rule above. They must be firm and have a nice scent. Anything too mushy is not good. If they bend easily, they might be getting spoiled. Look for the even coloration. Bring them home, rinse with normal or cold water and they are ready to go to the juicer. Prepare only the juice, while some pulp is okay too.
- Prepare vegetables. It is customary to have them dip in lukewarm water for like 11 minutes before you rinse and wash them properly. Even when you get them straight from the store packed in plastic or from the organic farm, follow this process. An easy way to ensure that everything is bacteria and germ-free is this.
- Now, select your juicer medium. You might use an electric juicer, a food processor or a blender. You can also go for the manual cold pressed juicer and so on. The ingredients here can be easily made in a cold-pressed manner. You don’t need to heat or cook anything here.
- Turn on the juicer. First, cut the vegetables and fruits in chunks of medium size. Then, pour the chopped stuff into the juicer and extract the juice. You can use little by little till all the stuff is finished.
- Strain it now. Take a cheesecloth-lined sieve. Use this to strain the juice from the residues of the juicer. This makes it easier to drink. Many times you don’t want to allow the pulp to come with it and this is best for that style.
- The juice is already sweet, even with carrots. You might add some honey to it to taste too. If you like pulpy form, use a normal sieve.