- 2 cups ground beef
- 2 cups cut up white mushrooms
- Heavy cream 2 cups
- Cheddar cheese 1 cup
- All purpose flour ¼ cup
- Sour cream ½ cup
- Worcestershire sauce ½ cup
- 1/3 cup chives
- Onions 1/3 cup
- Salt and pepper 2 tbsp
- Paprika powder 2 tbsp
The recipe is one of the most authentic recipes for Swedish food lovers, and after it was introduced to the other states, it certainly became a people pleaser. You can cook this as lunch or as a dinner for friends and family or for a party.
- Firstly start by taking a bowl. Add into it the ground beef, the onions, salt and pepper, and paprika powder and mix them really well so spices are nicely incorporated.
- Now form the balls, by taking some oil and greasing your palms. Form the balls of medium size, like a table tennis ball, shape all and keep them in the fridge for some time.
- Meanwhile, take a wok pan and add oil into it. Once it becomes hot, add the all purpose flour and stir it continuously till it becomes brown in color and then add the chives into the pan stir it for a while and then add the cheese.
- Wait till the cheese melts. Then add the cut up mushrooms, stir for a few minutes and then add the heavy cream into it.
- Simmer it for 4 minutes on low flame. Now add in the sour cream, the Worcestershire sauce and stir it really well and simmer on low flame for 10 minutes.
- Your cream of mushroom is ready. Now add the meatballs, into the sauce, stir well and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve hot, with rice.
If you think your mushroom cream is too thick, start adding a little bit of milk gradually, do not use water as it will disturb the taste.