- ¼ cup of red onion; finely chopped
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- ¼ cup of cream (sour)
- ½ cup of thinly sliced fresh celery
- 1 cup of properly shredded carrots
- ¼ teaspoon of grated garlic (it should be finely grated)
- 8 ounces of cavatelli or penne
- 8 ounces of skirt steak (should be about ½ inch thick)
- Oil of olive; for the grates of a grill
- Salt of kosher and ground black pepper (freshly)
- ¼ cup of finely grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon of juice of a fresh lemon
- The heat of grill pan. First of all, heat it over a medium-high flame until it becomes hot, and then brush the grates with some oil. Now, bring a large sized pot of water (salted) to a boil. And now, whisk together parmesan, juice of lemon, garlic, sour cream, ½ teaspoon of salt and some grinds of pepper in a large sized mixing bowl.
- Season the steak. Now, season it with pepper and salt. And, grill the prepared steak, turning just once, for about 3 to 4 minutes per each side for just medium rare. Now, transfer it to a cutting board and allow resting for about 5 minutes, and then chopping into slices of ½ inch.
- Add pasta. Add it to the water (boiling) and then cook it as per the directions of package. Now, drain and rinse it under cold water in order to let it cool. And add it to a bowl of mixing. Thereafter, add the carrots, steak, onion, and celery to the bowl of mixing and toss it in order to mix. Then, season it with pepper and salt. The dish is ready, serve it sprinkled with some extra Parmesan and some black pepper.
- You can preserve this dish by keeping it in your fridge.
- Try to serve the dish warm to experience the original taste.