- 2 English cucumbers with ends trimmed and cut into pieces of ½ inch
- 2 small size Roma tomatoes cut into pieces of ½ inch
- ½ halved and thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper or to taste
- ½ teaspoon of salt or to taste
- 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped dill
- Take a large mixing bowl; add the cut tomatoes and cucumbers along with thinly sliced red onions. Mix them together.
- Now, add apple cider vinegar, water, salt, sugar, and pepper into a jar that has a light lid. Shake this jar vigorously for around 10 seconds for incorporating the flavors into the veggies.
- Take out the tomato and cucumber salad into a bowl. Pour some dressing over the tomato and cucumber salad. Mix the salad to coat it with the dressing properly. Taste the salad. Add salt and pepper to taste if you want.
- Now, cover the bowl and refrigerate it for an hour. Allow the flavors to blend into the salad.
- Take out the salad after one hour. Drain out the liquid inside the bowl. Put it in 6 serving bowls, sprinkle some dill and serve fresh. To not leave it long after taking out from the freezer as it might make the tomatoes soggy. For best results, add the salt and pepper before serving. This is just the perfect salad for a hot summer afternoon. Have it and feel refreshed.
You can store the leftovers into the refrigerator for 24 hours. All you have to do is make sure that it doesn’t contain salt.
If required, you can add some green chili to the salad. This offers an added taste of spiciness to it.
In order to make it tastier, you can sprinkle some feta cheese before serving the salad. This is going to taste delicious.