- 2 ½ cups or 325 gram of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups or 414 grams of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup or 120 ml of vegetable oil
- 1 cup or 240 ml of water
- 2 large size eggs
- ½ cup of salted butter kept at room temperature
- ½ cup or 95 gram of shortening
- 1 ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 cups or 460 gram of powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon of milk or water
- Preheat your oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then prepare the cupcake mold using liners.
- Take a large mixing bowl and add sugar, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Combine them and then set it aside.
- Take another medium-size bowl and add vegetable oil, milk, two eggs, and vanilla extract to it and then combine. Keep them aside when done.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Keep beating while you pour in the mix. Make sure it is well combined. Add water to this mix, slowly. Mix with a hand blender on low speed till it combines completely. Scrape the sides of the bowl in order to ensure everything is well combined. Keep in mind that batter needs to be very thin.
- Take the cupcake mold and fill it halfway. Put it into the oven and bake it for 15 minutes. Take it out and check using a toothpick. If the batter still sticks to the toothpick, bake it for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the mold from the oven and let it cool for 2 minutes. Thereafter, place it on a cooling rack for further cooling.
- For making the frosting, combine butter along with shortening in a large bowl and blend until it is smooth enough. Add powdered sugar, 2 cups to the mix and combine. Add 1 tablespoon of milk or water, vanilla extract and mix till it is smooth. Add the rest of the powdered sugar and combine the mixture until it is smooth and fluffy. Now, add the rest of the water or milk to the mix and combine till it forms a smooth mixture.
- Take the cupcake from the cupcake mold and place them on a rack. Put the cupcake frosting in a piping bag and pipe it on to the cupcake. Sprinkle some chocolate chips if you want.
NOTES – In case you want a more traditional cupcake, you should use butter rather than oil.