For the Cupcakes
- 1 box of vanilla cake mix
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 8 tablespoons or 1 stick of melted butter
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- 2 large size eggs
For the Frosting
- 8 tablespoons or 1 stick of butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of butter vanilla bakery emulsion or vanilla extract
- 4 cups of powdered sugar or castor sugar
- 2 tablespoons of whipping cream or heavy cream
- Mini chocolate chips to decorate
- Small chocolate chip cookies to decorate
- Place an oven rack in center position and then preheat oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Put the cupcake papers inside a regular 12 cup muffin pan.
- In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, melted butter, buttermilk, and eggs. Take the help of a hand-held mixer or a stand mixer; beat the mix at medium speed for a minute. Beat till it forms a thick batter. Scrape the bowl sides to take out the batter using a spatula. Beat the mix again for 2 more minutes till it is fluffy on medium speed. Scrap out the batter from the bowl sides.
- Divide the batter into 12 cups of cupcake mold. This is about 3 tablespoons of batter in each of the cups. You can use an ice-cream scoop for this. The cup needs to be around 2/3 full.
- Put the mold in the oven and bake the cupcake for 15 minutes till they spring back as you lightly touch them with your finger. Allow the cupcakes to cool for five minutes. Thereafter, transfer it to a cooling rack and let it cool down completely.
- In the meantime, make your butter cream frosting. Take a large mixing bowl; add butter and beat with a hand mixer at medium speed for around a minute or till it is smooth enough.
- Add a cup of powdered sugar or castor sugar. Beat the mix till it combines completely. Add one more cup and repeat. Now, add bakery emulsion along with whipped or heavy cream and beat completely till it combines completely. Put in the remaining powdered sugar but one cup at one time and beat till it combines. Do this each time you add. Beat for one more minute till the frosting is thick, smooth, and fluffy.
- Use a party bag with a big cupcake tip and top each of the cupcakes with some frosting. Sprinkle it with chocolate chips and also chocolate chip cookies.
NOTES – Follow the time on the box to bake the cupcakes. However, cake ovens are made differently. In case you find them soggy, bake for some more time.