- 12 pieces of butternut squash (peeled, seeded, diced into 1/2-inch)
- 1 tablespoon of Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- Salt as per taste
- 1 chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons of yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of whole mustard seeds
- ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon of crushed fresh ginger
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- Turn on the heat to medium flame place a pot and add olive oil along with butter. In a pan add cubed butternut. Toss to coat all of the sides with some oil, add salt over the squash. Spread it out evenly and cook, don’t stir too much.
- Adjust the heat to prevent burning. Add more oil and butter if required. Remove the pan from heat and set aside.
- Prepare next, in a pan. Heat one more tablespoon of oil of olive, on medium flame. Add onions and cook, stir until it becomes soft. Add powder of curry, seeds of mustard, fresh ginger, and cumin and cook for a minute or as required. Return the butternut squash to the pot, put chicken stock and salt as per taste. Increase the flame to bring to a simmer, and then lower the flame to keep the simmer low, cover pot. Cook the squash till its completely tender approx. 40 minutes.
- Use an electric blender (or work in batches) to mix the soup smoothly. Add extra salt to taste if required.
- Give it a final touch Garnish it with a dash of cream (sour) and some cilantro (chopped) or parsley.
- Once in a while, you might have the capacity to discover butternut squash that is as of now stripped and cubed in your nearby supermarket. A potato/apple peeler functions admirably to strip the skin of an entire butternut squash.
- Store scraps in a water/air proof holder in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days, or in the cooler for up to multi-month.
- Nourishing data does exclude goat cheddar and maple syrup. It would be ideal if you remember that healthful data is an unpleasant gauge and can shift significantly dependent on items utilized.