- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime (juice)
- 1 ½ teaspoon of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of mustard (preferable Dijon mustard)
- ¼ teaspoon of salt (or as per taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon of crushed red chillies (cayenne)
- 6 raw eggs
- 1 apple
- 1/3 cup of red onions
- ¼ cup of fresh coriander (Fresh Cilantro)
- Olive oil (Any cooking oil) As per taste
- Boil eggs for egg salad, take a pot or a saucepan and fill it with cold water place eggs in them carefully and cover it with a lid, turn on the heat and then remove it as soon as it comes to rolling boil, let the eggs rest in the hot water for 15 minutes, Now remove the eggs from water and slightly crack the shells and place them in ice cold water, after cooling down peel them and make sure that they are hard boiled.
- Start the chopping, First chop the apples dice them in approx. ¼- inch, finely chop the red onions as well as coriander chop the eggs or scramble it as per your desire.
- Prepare the next, take a large bowl or pot, add 1/3 cup of mayonnaise along with some olive oil and lime juice whisk all these ingredients well now. Add 1 ½ teaspoon of curry powder, 1 teaspoon of mustard, salt and mix well. At the end and add eggs, chopped apples, chopped onions and chopped coriander bring all of them together and combine them well if desired to add a dash of olive oil on top.
- Give the final touch, serve it in a plate or pot and garnish it some chopped coriander and lime.
NOTES – You can preserve this egg salad for 2-3 days just by keeping it in a refrigerator.