If you have the sweet tooth and yearn for a slice of cake with your tea or coffee, check out the recipes below for keeping the calories low and enjoying your favorite baked goods as well. You can also check out the link Why Cakes are Everybody’s Favorite? to understand the ease of baking a cake.
Carrot cup cakes
- 2 eggs, large
- One fourth cup of milk
- One and one third cup of all purpose flour
- A teaspoon of baking powder
- A teaspoon of cinnamon
- One fourth teaspoon of salt
- Eight tablespoons of unsalted butter
- A cup of light brown sugar
- Two cups of grated carrots
- Half a cup of chopped walnuts
- Six ounces of cream cheese
- Two tablespoons of honey
How to prepare
You need to begin by preheating the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit. You can take a twelve muffin tin and line them up with paper liners. In a bowl, whisk in milk and eggs and in another bowl, mix in the cinnamon, salt, baking powder and flour. The butter and brown sugar should be mixed with an electric mixer till the mixture turns fluffy. After that, by reducing the speed of the mixer, one can add to the flour mixture and mixing at the same time. After that the walnuts and carrots need to be folded into the mixture. Once the mixture is ready, pour it into the muffin tin and bake till the cupcakes turn golden which will take about twenty to twenty five minutes. After you take out the cupcake tray, allow the cupcakes to cool down. Meanwhile, stir the cream cheese till it becomes smooth and then stir in the honey. Smear on top of the cupcakes and serve.
Banana cake with cream cheese frosting
This is yet another nutritious and healthy cake recipe that is low on calories and high in complex carbs, helping you to feel full for a longer time.
- Two cups of all purpose flour
- Two teaspoons of baking powder
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- Four tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Two tablespoons of canola oil
- Two large eggs as well as one egg white
- Three fourth cup of sugar
- A teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Four ripe bananas
- One fourth cup of milk
- Four ounces of reduced fat cream cheese
- One and half cup of confectioner’s sugar for frosting
- Two tablespoons of chopped walnuts
The process of making
You can preheat the oven and keep a square pan ready which is sprayed with cooking oil. You can begin by mixing together the baking powder, salt and flour. With an electric mixer, mix the sugar, oil and butter. You can then add in the eggs, the egg white and vanilla. The bananas need to be mashed with milk. The dry ingredients need to be added to the butter mixture and then the banana mixture can be added. Bake for about forty to forty five minutes. Meanwhile, the frosting can be prepared by beating the vanilla and cream cheese along with the sugar. The frosting can be added with walnuts on top of the cake.