- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- Garlic cloves 5 minced
- Olive oil 3-4 tablespoon
- Whole tomato, peeled (2)
- Salt according to taste
- White vinegar, 1 tablespoon
- Bay leaf (1)
- Tomato paste 1 bowl
- Basil leaves – dry powdered 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper ground ½ tablespoon
The Italian spaghetti sauce is a traditional recipe that most people in western countries consume with meatballs. This sauce tastes excellent with any meatball. This is really quick to prepare and delicious in taste. You can prepare meatball side by side while preparing the sauce to have really yum taste.
- Take a large size pan and put it on the gas stove. Sprinkle olive oil in it. Keep the heat medium, once the oil is little hot, put the chopped onion and garlic in the pan.
- Saute onion and garlic till it becomes translucent. Now, put the remaining ingredients, that is tomato, bay leaf and salt in the pan. Now lower down the heat, uncover the pan lid. Let the tomato get completely in the pan.
- The tomato will be completely cooked after 15 to 20 minutes. Once it is done, uncover the lead and add rest of the ingredients that is tomato paste, black pepper, vinegar, dry basil leaves and the most important, the meatball.
- Stir all the ingredients nicely and cover the pan. Wait for 15 minutes, and after 15 minutes the Italian spaghetti sauce is ready to serve. Add meatball in it.
- With the same method, you can prepare tomato sauce as well. For this, you need all the above-mentioned ingredients except bay leaf and vinegar. In place of that, you would need grated Mozzarella 150 gm and caster sugar 1 tsp.
- Follow all the above-mentioned steps; till the tomato is cooked completely and the sauce is ready. In the end, put mozzarella cheese over the sauce and keep the sauce on heat till the cheese melts. Garnish it with Rosemary and caster sugar.
- If you want thick gravy, do not add water in the sauce.
- Keep checking the sauce in between to avoid burning.
Do not cook this recipe on high heat.