- About 400 gms of diced boneless chicken
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon corn flour
- 100 gms red and green bell pepper diced
- 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 large onions coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Frying oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoon green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
This is a healthy and dry version of the famous spicy chili chicken. It mixes the spices and style of Indian and Chinese versions into one hot comfort food for the cold nights. Just pair it up with your partner and a drink to go.
- Bring a large bowl. Chop the onions, capsicum or bell peppers and keep aside. Add the cornflour, oil, ginger paste, turmeric, cumin powder, and mix well. Add a little salt to taste. Now add the chicken cubes and coat them well in the mixture.
- Take a frying pan. Put the chicken cubes into it and fry in batches. Do not deep fry, just shallow fry.
- Take another pan. Add the rest ingredients from the list and start preparing the sauce. First, pour some oil and start to saute them. Then, add about a half a glass of water and mix well. Keep simmering the mixture without letting it get runny. Now, add the chicken pieces and continue mixing.
- Let it get sticky. Add spring onions, lemon wedges and serve hot.
Add some more oil if needed to saute the onion mix.
Do not deep fry the chicken cubes, just shallow fry for 5 minutes each batch.