- 5 oz packet of hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1 oz of unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Prepare the hazelnuts. Take a large frying pan and place it at medium heat over the flame. Once it is hot spread the hazelnuts. Roast them in the hot pan till they turn golden browning in color. Do not add oil or anything. Pay attention because the nuts can burn easily when roasting; remove while they are still turning to brown. They will continue to roast after you have removed them off heat. Let them cool a little.
- Now, remove the shells. Take the now cooled nuts and place them in a nice soft and clean kitchen towel. It must be dry too. Gently rub them till their shell comes off. Some of them might stay and let them so. This is not going to affect the end result. The dessert shall be done fine. But, take care that most of them come off easily. This should be quite easy if you have roasted them properly in the first step.
- Now it is time to blend. Place all these nuts in a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients to it. Now blend till you are satisfied with the consistency and thickness. Of course, the more you blend the more smooth it will get.
Pay attention else the nuts will burn easily. The kitchen towel must be dry. Do not add water to make the paste thinner. Instead, add a little coconut oil to do so.
Use fresh strawberries as a dip to serve with the dessert.