- 700 grams chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 ½ teaspoon table salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups vegetable oil of your choosing for frying
This is an excellent recipe you can share with your loved ones or as a party snack or as a part of a dinner meal!
- Place the chicken breasts in a bowl. Add the Buttermilk and spread it with the chicken pieces evenly. Cover it with a plate and set it aside for some time.
- Put the flour in a separate bowl. Add the salt and the paprika into it and mix the bowl very well until they are all combined.
- Add the buttermilk coated chicken into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Place them in small batches to make it easier to coat all the chicken pieces with the buttermilk evenly.
- Place the coated chicken onto a separate plate. Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over medium-high heat till it reaches around 340 degrees.
- Place the chicken into the pan after the oil reaches the required temperature. Put them in batches to make it easier to cook. Cook them until they reach a brown color, around 5 minutes each batch and until they are cooked inside also.
- Place them on a plate with a kitchen towel to absorb the oil. Serve immediately and enjoy.
- Leaving the chicken in the buttermilk covered for 15-20 minutes more before adding it into the dry ingredients may improve the taste.
- Only put the chicken into the oil after it reaches a high temperature. It won’t cook well enough if the oil is not hot enough.
- Eat the popcorn chicken with dips for more enjoyment.
Put the chicken in the oil slowly to avoid hot oil from spilling and causing injuries.