- Water 5 cups (Chicken stock to add more flavor)
- Turkey 1 neck, gizzard, and heart (from inside the turkey should not be from the liver)
- Chopped ½ onion
- 4 Tablespoon melted butter or reserved fat is taken from roasting pan
- Chopped fresh sage 1 cup
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 bay leaf
- Prepare the stock, to prepare stock take a pan and add water in it. Add the turkey neck, gizzard, and heart, bay leaf, onion in the pan. Reduce the heat to low and let it get boil for two hours. After two hours turn off the gas, strain the water and reserve this stock for later use.
- Remove turkey in a plate, when the turkey is cooked, removes it from cooking pan to serving plate. Cover it with foil loosely. From the roasting pan, remove the fat. Take another large size pan and put it on the stove. Add fat that you took out from roasting pan, if it is less; add few more spoons of fat in the large pan. It should be four spoons of fat. Keep the flame low to medium and one the fat heats up to add all purpose flour in it. Stir it constantly to avoid burning. Whisk it until it turns golden brown.
- Add turkey stock now, add turkey stock in the pan slowly to avoid the formation of lumps, stir it constantly. Now, add vegetables, sage, salt, and pepper according to the taste. Let it boil for 10-15 minutes on medium flame. Serve hot with turkey.
- Do the cooking at medium to low flame always.
- You can roast vegetable like celery, onion and put it in liquid to add flavor.