- 11/2 pounds ground turkey
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup crushed crackers buttery round
- I small size onion, chopped
- 11/2 tablespoons salt
- Minced 2 cloves of garlic
- ¼ tablespoon ground black pepper
- Ketchup ½ cup
- Brown sugar ¼ cup
- Worcestershire sauce 1 tablespoon
- Preheat the oven; you would require an oven to prepare this dish. The first step is to preheat the oven to 350 degrees F in Celsius 175 degree Celsius. Take the baking pan and grease it using cooking oil.
- Mix all ingredients take a bowl and add all ingredients. Start putting the main ingredient first that is ground turkey, cracker crumbs, onion, milk, egg, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Mix all ingredients thoroughly either by hand or by spoon. Now, give the shape of a loaf to the prepared mix and place it in the greased baking pan. You can add or reduce the quantity of salt and black pepper according to your taste.
- Prepare the sauce, to prepare sauce, take another bowl and add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar in it. Mix everything well and keep it aside. You can add the quantity of ingredients according to your taste.
- Bake the loaf; put the baking tray in the preheated oven. The loaf has to be baked for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F in (175 degree Celsius). After 30 minutes take out the tray from oven and drain excess liquid.
- Put prepared topping at the top of the loaf and place it again in the oven for baking. Continue baking loaf for another 30 minutes or until there remains no pink color in the middle of the loaf. To check the right temperature in an oven, insert the thermometer that instantly reads the temperature in the middle of the loaf and it should read the temperature minimum 160 degrees F.
- If you want to keep the loaf moist while cooking, you can cook it in aluminum foil. It wills also even cooking and easy cleaning after cooking.
- Keep checking status to avoid over-cooking.