- 1 lb of ground turkey
- 5 pieces of saltine crackers
- ¼ the cup of green onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons of buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
Teriyaki Sauce Ingredients
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup of vinegar
- 3 teaspoons of ginger, grated
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons of canola oil
- 4 and 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/4thteaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- Prepare the meatballs. To do this add on ground turkey in a large bowl and add on crushed crackers. To this add on ingredients like green onions, buttermilk, garlic powder and seasonings such as pepper and salt. Once the mixture is thoroughly formed, shape roughly into 16 to 18 meatballs.
- Put together the sauce ingredients. The list of ingredients mentioned for teriyaki sauce can be put together in a medium-sized bowl. Set this aside for now.
- Heat Instant Pot. If you have this vessel for cooking it will help to reduce your efforts of cooking over a stove top and help you a time you’re cooking. Initially heat the pot to medium-high level. Add on a tablespoon of canola oil and allow this to heat up. Add on the meatballs and allow to brown, turning the meatballs on all sides. Once all meatballs are browned you can add on the sauce. Mix well the sauce with the meatballs. After this cover with the lid and lock it in place.
- Cook at high pressure. You can set the timer for the pot and cook at high pressure for 10 minutes. Turn off heat. Allow the pressure to release gradually after you turn off the pot. This takes about 5 minutes. Garnish the dish. Once the pot lid is taken off, garnish the teriyaki sauce mixed meatballs with sesame seeds and green onions. The dish is now ready and can be served with quinoa or rice.
- The egg is usually used as the standard binding agent for the meatballs. However, if one is allergic to eggs they can use buttermilk.
- Sauce ingredients are given in accordance with 1 lb of meat. If more is used then sauce ingredients need to be increased accordingly.