- Hard-boiled eggs 4
- Oil 3-4 tablespoon
- Bay leaf 1
- Two onions, finely chopped
- 4 to 5 cloves of garlic
- Ginger garlic paste one and half tablespoon
- Turmeric powder 2 tbsp
- Chili powder 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder 2 tablespoon
- Garam masala one tablespoon
- Tomato puree one cup
- Salt according to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
South Indian egg curry recipe is good to go food in lunch as well as dinner. You can best enjoy South Indian egg curry with rice. The simple and super easy recipe you can prepare it in less than 1 hour time.
- Take the hard-boiled egg and remove its shell. Slit one side of the egg and keep it aside.
- Now, take a frying pan and put 2 tablespoons of oil in the pan. Put one tablespoon of turmeric and one tablespoon of chili powder in the oil and stir it immediately to avoid burning. Drop the egg in the pan and roast it evenly so that the whole turmeric and chili powder coated on the egg and it is roasted well.
- Remove the fried eggs from the pan and keep it aside. Now, add some more oil in the pan and put crushed cloves and chopped onion in the oil. Saute it for a few minutes and then add other spices in it.
- Stir the mix till the color of the spices turns into golden brown. And gravy leaves the oil from the corners. Add tomato puree in it and garam masala. Let the gravy get cooked finely.
- Put the fried egg in the gravy. You can add little water in the gravy if you want more gravy. Garnish it with chopped green coriander leaves.
- It is important that you use hardboiled egg for this recipe.
- While cooking the gravy keep the flame low to avoid burning.