- 5 cups of gluten-free all-purpose flour blend (If the blend does not contain xanthan and guar gum, add 1 tablespoon each to it)
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 cups of hot water
- Prepare the dough first. This is an important part of the recipe here. Place the water, olive oil, salt, and honey into a stand mixer. The one with a dough hook is usually great for this. Mix the items well using the mixer. Keep the dough hook turning because we have more things to add soon.
- Add bread flour. Once you have done the above till they are well combined, let’s add the main ingredient. The bread flour a little at a time. Keep adding little and continue the mixing. Pull from the sides of the mixer bowl gently, cleanly and continue mixing into the mixture.
- Now, keep mixing the dough for like 5 to 7 minutes. Do not add anything else during this time. Divide the dough into 5 to 7 small balls.
- Make the piercings. Take a fork and do random piercings on the dough. This prevents the dough from rising with air inside. Bake the loaves in the preheated oven of 400 degrees F, for about 15 to 20 minutes. Cool it and store.
- Once you see the dough has cleanly pulled itself away from the sides of the mixer bowl, stop adding any further flour. It is as dry as it should be. Adding any further will start breaking it apart.
- If the dough is not right, the end result will not be great. You can practice with small amounts of the above ingredients.