- 4 regular size or 3 large sized chicken thighs
- 1 finely peeled and chopped carrot
- 1 peeled and chopped potato
- 200 ml of whole milk or light cream
- 800 ml of chicken stock
- 50 gm margarine
- 2 tablespoons of gluten-free flour
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped chives
- Diced celery for garnishing
- Firstly, prepare your vegetables by washing them properly. Also, clean the chicken thighs.
- Take a large saucepan and place it on medium heat. Melt the margarine over the heated saucepan. Add the finely chopped onions and the chopped potato into the saucepan. Saute it till the onion becomes translucent or for 2-3 minutes.
- Now take the gluten free flour to the vegetables. Stir it to blend the flour along with the carrots and onions in an even manner. Lower the flame and allow it to cook for 2 minutes. Make sure that you keep stirring from time to time. Move the vegetables around the pan while stirring the mix. The flour shouldn’t stick to the surface of the pan.
- Now, increase the flame and add the chicken broth. You can get the low sodium chicken broth if you want. Bring the broth to boil and add the whole milk or light cream. This will thicken the soup Add the chopped chicken thighs to the broth along with the chopped chives and parsley leaves. Allow the broth to cook for some more time. Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer the flame and let it cook for 20 minutes. This will help the chicken and vegetables to be cooked evenly. It is going to be juicy and soft.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup. Make sure that the soup is smooth enough and also relatively thick.
- Pour it in a bowl and serve hot with freshly chopped parsley and diced celery. You can make and store this soup in the refrigerator to have it later.
NOTES – When using gluten free products, make sure that you read the label carefully. Sometimes, manufacturers change the formulation without any information.