- 1 ¼ cup of almond flour.
- 1/3 cup of gluten-free flour blend
- ¼ cup of vegan dark chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/3 cup of organic brown sugar
- ¼ cup of aquafaba
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- Take a big mixing bowl and almond flour, gluten-free flour, dark chocolate chips, salt, baking powder, and organic brown sugar. Mix and keep it aside.
- Take another mixing bowl and add aquafaba. Now, beat it using a hand blender till it is fluffy and light. Add the dry ingredients and mix it incorporates properly. The dough should be firm and not too sticky in consistency. Cover the bowl loosely and allow it to chill in the refrigerator for thirty minutes. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line it the baking sheet using a parchment paper.
- Take one tablespoon of the dough and pour it in the lined baking sheet. With the help of the palm of your hand, smash the cookies and make small mounds. This way they are not going to spread much. Hence, you will not have to leave a lot of space between the cookies. You should be able to bake 10-11 cookies at a time.
- Bake the cookies till you find the edges to have a golden brown color or for 15 minutes. Make sure that you do not burn the cookies. Take out the cookies from the oven and allow it to cool by putting the pan aside for 5 minutes. Loosen the cookies after 5 minutes with the spatula. Be careful while you do so and allow it to cool again. Store the cookies in a sealed container at room temperature for four days or up to one month in the freezer.
- You can use almond meal instead of almond flour but the latter one gives a nuttier flavor and crunchy texture.
- If you want to avoid nuts then you can replace it with coconut flour, sesame seeds, or ground flax. Feel free to mix and match these seeds as per your liking. In case you are using large seeds then you should blitz it in the blender and chop it with a knife finely before you use it.