Carrots are rich in vitamins and antioxidants and eating them raw or even using them in a soup will provide you with the necessary dosage of Vitamin A everyday. Carrots are known to improve your heart health and are one of the best immunity boosters you can find. A bowl of carrot soup everyday offers you a lot of health benefits. It will help in maintaining your cholesterol and blood sugar. It will also help you to enjoy a glowing skin.
To enjoy A Soup Based Dinner Recipe with carrots, please Check Out This Link. The following are easy to make and healthy carrot soup recipes.
Masala carrot soup
This is an easy, light and simple carrot soup. It will take 40 minutes to make this yummy soup.
- Onion- 1 (finely chopped)
- Carrots – 2 pounds (chopped)
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
- Curry powder- 1 tbsp
- Vegetable stock – 4 cups
- Water- 1 to 2 cups (as needed)
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper powder to taste
- Take a large pot and add the oil to it. Add onions and sauté on medium flame till it becomes translucent. Add the curry powder to it and mix for one minute.
- Now add the grated carrots and stir it till the onions and masala gets coated over it.
- Pour in the vegetable stock to this mixture and simmer till the carrots become soft. Add required amount of salt. This will take 25 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer the broth and carrots in a blender and puree till it becomes smooth.
Cream of carrot soup
This is a yummy soup that can be served with a soup stick or warm bread.
- Vegetable stock – 2 cups
- Diced carrots- 1 cup
- Potatoes (cubed) – ¼ cup
- Butter- 1 tbsp
- Onions (chopped) – ¼ cup
- Fresh ginger (finely chopped) – ½ tsp
- Fresh dill leaves – 2 ½ tbsp
- Cream – ¼ cup
- Black pepper powder and salt to taste
- Ina deep bottom saucepan, add butter and melt it. Add ginger, onions and carrots in the pan and sauté till they sweat.
- Add the cubed potatoes and the vegetable stock and allow it to boil on medium heat.
- Once it boils, reduce the heat and cook the mixture on low heat till the potatoes turn soft.
- Strain this liquid in a different bowl.
- Transfer the boiled vegetables in a blender and puree it by adding dill to the vegetables. You should add the boiled liquid in the blender till it fully covers the vegetables.
- Now transfer the puree back into the saucepan and add the cream to the puree. Stir it until they blend well. Now season the soup with salt and pepper and make sure that you only heat the mixture and do not boil it, or else the cream would spoil the soup. Serve the soup immediately.
This cream of carrot soup will take 40 to 45 minutes to prepare and can be served three people.