- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups of vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of almond butter
- 2 tablespoons of fat-free chocolate syrup
- 3 black dates
- 5 to 6 raspberries
- 4 to 5 cubes of ice
- 1 teaspoon of crushed almonds
This chocolate banana smoothie is a protein-packed fruity delight that can be served for breakfast or as a dessert drink for lunch or dinner. The irresistible blend of chocolate and raspberries make it a delectable drink for children. You can serve it fresh or as a frozen cocktail. Either way, it is a great summer drink that can be enjoyed anytime with family or friends.
- Dice the bananas into small pieces. This would make the blending process quicker. Add the pieces into a large bowl. Pour vanilla almond milk and stir the contents with a spoon. Choose sweetened almond milk if you want a sweeter smoothie.
- Add almond butter and fat-free chocolate syrup into the bowl. You can prepare chocolate syrup at home by mixing sugar and cocoa powder. Heat the mixture for 4 minutes by adding little water and your syrup is ready. Homemade syrups are free from preservatives and safer for kids.
- Add black dates after removing the seeds. Also add the raspberries, ice cubes, and crushed almonds. Mix everything well and transfer the mixture into your blender jar. Use a high-speed setting and blend until the fruits get nicely pureed.
- Check the smoothie and adjust the ingredients to make it perfect. Serve immediately to enjoy the freshness of bananas and dates included in the smoothie. However, if you want to save it for later use, refrigerate the drink right away.
- Use unsweetened almond milk to make the drink healthier. However, you can add natural sweeteners like honey or cherries.
- To make the smoothie look more delectable, garnish with hemp seeds, resins, and cashew pieces.