- 1 cup fresh milk (not sweetened)
- 1 cup of spinach leaves
- 2 springs of celery stalks
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (unsweetened)
Both spinach and celery have their own health benefits. If you are health conscious and want some green leafy vegetables in your diet, this smoothie can be a good choice. It will not taste like apples or oranges but is still a good drink. You can have it twice a week or so. The milk helps to make it smooth.
- Take a bowl. First, cut them into pieces, roughly. These will need washing with slight cold or lukewarm water. Then, they are ready to be blended. Especially with leafy vegetables take care when washing them since they grow on the ground.
- Bring your blender. If your blender has an inbuilt sieve, it is better. The mixture will need to be filtered to make it ready to drink. Although, some might find the coarse bits good. Put the milk, yogurt, and leaves into a medium size container and blend for like 10 seconds or so.
- Check if it needs some sweet. You can use honey if you need it anyway. Blend it for 10 more seconds.
- You can add ice cubes if you like. The smoothie can use some ginger too. These are additional and not mandatory.
You can use nut, soy or animal milk, as you prefer. Just stick to what you like the best.
Do get fresh fruits and use them for up to three days or so.