- 2 tablespoons of oil of olive, plus a properly divided dash
- 8 ounces of completely dried penne pasta
- ¼ cup of paste of tomato
- 5 cloves of garlic, properly minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of pepper flakes (red), as per taste
- ½ teaspoon of salt, or as per taste
- ½ cup of properly chopped fresh leaves of basil
- 1 can (28 ounces) properly diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of finely granulated sugar (organic)
- Bring to boil. First of all, bring a large sized pot of fresh and pure water to a boil. Then add the picked pasta. And now, cook the pasta as per the directions are given on its package. Thereafter, drain all of the pasta into a good colander. After this, return it carefully to the large sized pot and then toss it properly and carefully with a dash of oil of olive.
- Coat the bottom. When the pasta is getting cooked, just properly coat the bottom of a large-sized pot with 2 tablespoons of oil of olive. After it is properly coated, place it over a medium flame properly. When the oil of olive is hot enough, add some cloves of garlic and sauté it for a time duration of around 1 minute. Or sauté it until it is very fragrant. Now, stir in the paste of tomato, fresh flakes of red pepper, fresh tomatoes, and the sugar. After stirring them, raise the flame a bit and then bring the obtained mixture to a boil. After this, lower the flame a bit and let it simmer for a time duration of around 10 minutes. And keep stirring occasionally.
- Remove the large sized pot. Now, remove the large sized pot from the flame. After removing it, stir in the salt, pepper, and the fresh leaves of basil properly. And now, season it with some additional flakes of red pepper if you want. Or either pour the sauce properly over the obtained pasta and toss carefully. Or you can also divide the pasta onto the medium sized plates and thereafter top with the sauce. Sprinkle it with some extra fresh leaves of basil if you want. And then serve the dish until it is warm.
- If you have some fresh hot pepper on your hand, you can substitute them for the flakes of red pepper. Just add them to pot at the same time when you are adding garlic.
- Feel free to use your favorite type of free of gluten pasta if you want a gluten free recipe.