- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 4 tablespoon ghee
- 4 boiled and peeled potatoes
- 2 cup peas
- 2 green chilies
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 inch ginger
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon dry mango powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Some coriander leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
Samosa is one of the most famous snacks of India. It is a mouth-watering dish and when served with green or red chutney can taste absolutely heavenly. It is very easy to make and only requires items that are readily available at home.
- Begin by heating up the oil in a pan to prepare the filling. Add cumin seeds, green chilies, ginger and garlic in the oil. Next, add in the mashed potatoes and mix the whole ingredients thoroughly. Next, add all the dry powders to the mixture. Give it an even stir.
- Prepare dough by mixing all purpose flour, salt, cumin seeds, and ghee. Place oil in a kadhai to heat it up. Knead the dough properly with enough water. It should not be very soft or very firm. Roll the dough and make small rotis out of it.
- Fill in the potato mixture and fold the dough in a triangular shape. Make sure the ends are sealed. Drop the samosa in hot oil and take it out once it turns golden brown.
- Keep the dough for at least half an hour before rolling.
- Serve it along with red ketchup or green mint chutney.
Make sure the ingredients are not spoilt.