If you are looking at making a healthier version of the popular all purpose flour bread, then you can replace the flour with 100% wheat flour. With simple ingredients that you have at home, you will be able to easily make a tasty and delicious wheat bread. Your kids will love this soft wheat bread that you have made.
In order to bring in the gluten, you can add in a wonder ingredient called yoghurt to add in the acidic element to prepare the bread. You can also try using a little bit of vinegar to get the gluten you are looking for in the bread.
Step By Step Procedure
- Take whole wheat flour and then add salt to it. Now add in the instant yeast.
- Add in yoghurt and butter to the flour as required.
- Mix them well with water and knead them to make soft dough. The dough will be sticky at the beginning. But, will get better as it rises.
- Brush the kneaded dough with water and keep it aside, covered with a wet cloth for 30 minutes to make it rise.
- Now punch the dough and knead it again. Then, make a log of the dough.
- Now place the log dough in a long baking bread pan and leave it there for 45 minutes for the dough to rise again.
- Now use fork to pierce the dough a little over the top and then apply milk on top of the dough with a pastry brush.
- Bake the bread in a preheated oven for 220ºC for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Once done, remove from the baking pan and allow the bread to cool.
- Serve the bread hot or you can store it by wrapping it in a cling film or even in a bread box.