For Chicken Marination
- About 800gm boneless chicken, medium chunks
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground red chilies
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 5 large tomatoes, small cubes
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
The basmati rice is a world-famous cuisine in rice. There is a gravy item that goes well with it. It is a great spicy curry for a tummy-full weekend. If you love devouring food and don’t mind spices, do give this chicken curry a try. It is a dinner full-course meal.
- Bring a large bowl. Pour all the ingredients under “for marination” and mix it well. Keep this in the freezer for like 30 minutes. Restaurants do overnight.
- Take a pan. Pour oil and start frying the chicken pieces in batches. DO not crowd. Fry for like 3 minutes each, not deep fry. Set them aside.
- Prepare sauce. In the same pan, add the ghee/butter. Add the chopped onions and stir them till they turn brown. Now, add the ginger-garlic paste and continue cooking at low heat. It takes about 5 minutes. Then add tomatoes, crush them cook them for 15 minutes or so.
- Add chicken. Stir the chicken and couple spoons of yogurt if left. Cook for the final 10 minutes under lid. Serve.
If you are two people, just pair it with 2 cups of freshly cooked plain/basmati rice.
All chicken pieces must soak well in the marinade.