- 300gm or 2 cups of basmati rice (for two persons)
- 4 cups, twice of rice, water
- 4 to 6 curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 1 cup of grated coconut
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
The lamb or chicken curry is a great side dish or gravy for Indian full course meal. To pair it with nice rice is just awesome. If you can, get the small list of items above and cook your own rice at home. Order some nice curry from an Indian restaurant and enjoy the spicy meal.
- Bring a bowl. Clean the rice with water to remove excess starch. Put it in a pressure cooker, pour the cups of water and boil it for 2 whistles. You can use a regular large skillet to boil the rice for 15 minutes or so. Drain any excess water if left. Keep it aside.
- Take a skillet. Pour the oil and add the mustard seeds. When they begin to burst, add the curry leaves too. Fry till they turn brown. Add the coconut and saute for a minute or so. Pour the rice into it and mix it well. Toss it nicely.
- Garnish. Spread the chilies over it and serve with some chicken or lamb gravy. It is suitable to be stored in the freezer and warmed and served later.
Enjoy it with freshly made lamb curry at home.
Do keep checking the water does not dry burning the rice.