- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup shrimp
- ½ finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, mined
- 1 teaspoon grounded ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 can tomato sauce
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Extra chilli and cilantro for garnish
The Shrimp curry recipe is an authentic Indian dish which is ready in a matter of just minutes. The dish presents the perfect mix of coconut along with tomato sauce. When presented with rice, this delicious recipe can make everyone at the table fall in love with your cooking. It is simple, delicious and a very easy recipe to make.
- Add 2 tablespoon canola oil in a skillet. Cook the shrimp in it for about 1 minute until it turns pink. Turn the shrimps and cook on the other side too. After they are done, remove them.
- Add some more canola oil and add in the onions. Cook the onions until they turn soft. This may take 5 minutes.
- Add in all the spices. Ginger, cumin, paprika, curry powder, chili powder, garlic, and salt. Stir them well and let it cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the tomato sauce and mix all of them evenly. Lastly, add in the coconut milk and shrimp into the pan and stir the whole dish well enough to coat all the shrimps with the curry. Garnish the dish with cilantro and chili if needed.
Make sure the ingredients are fresh.
Ensure that the meat used is unspoiled.