- Cold water 1 cup
- Egg medium size nicely beaten
- Salt ½ tsp
- Potato flakes dry ¾ cup
- Black pepper freshly crushed 1 pinch
- Cayenne pepper 1 pinch, you can avoid it if do not like its taste
- Vegetable oil 1 tbsp
- Butter 1 tbsp
- Cream for garnishing ¼ cup
- Chives chopped 1 tbsp divided
The potato pancakes are crispy and crusty. It is very easy to prepare. Its taste is similar to mashed potatoes given the shape of patties and roasted in butter. For adding flavor and color in potato pancakes sprinkle some chives.
- Take a bowl. Add water, salt, egg and whisk it. You have to whisk this mix till salt gets dissolved in the mix completely.
- Put dry potato flakes in the mix. After that, stir it until it gets mixed with other ingredients completely. Now, add 1 tablespoon chopped chives and again stir it nicely. Add cayenne pepper and black pepper as topping.
- Take a skillet pan and keep it on the stove. Put some oil in and swirl it to evenly distribute the oil. Divide mixture of potato into four equal portions and give it the shape of pancakes.
- Reduce the heat of the stove to low to medium and place pancakes on the skillet. Cook pancakes until it gets the well-browned crust. It will take around 10 minutes to cook the pancake.
- Cook it from both sides until both sides get a golden brown color. The pancakes are ready to serve, serve it hot with sour cream and chives ¾ teaspoon.
- Keep the flame medium to low for even cooking of pancakes.
- You can add chopped veggies in the mix if you want to increase its nutritional content.