- Mashed potatoes 2 cups
- Egg medium size 1 to 2
- All-purpose flour ¼ cup
- Oil for frying
The leftover mashed potato pancake is an awesome recipe you can have it at breakfast. If you have some leftover potatoes, you can quickly prepare this awesome breakfast or brunch. The recipe is super easy to prepare and takes only a few minutes to cook.
- Peel all leftover potatoes. Mash it with the help of a fork or masher. Take a large size bowl. Add the following ingredients in it. The mashed potatoes, all-purpose flour, garlic, pepper. Cheese, chives, and onion are optional ingredients. You can add these in the mix if you want.
- Now, break the eggs in the same bowl and mix everything with a spoon. The mixture should not be too thick or thin. It should have the proper consistency to prepare soft pancakes.
- Take a skillet and add some oil in it. Put ¼ cup of batter in the pan and cook it from both sides still getting golden brown color. The mashed potato pancake is not ready to serve. Serve it hot with sour cream and enjoy.
- While cooking, keep the flame at low heat to avoid burning.
- You also use fresh boiled potatoes to make this recipe.
- If you are using leftover potatoes, check the potatoes are not rotten.