If you are trying to shed your weight and want to maintain your ideal body weight, then you need to include low calorie soups regularly in your diet.
The soups should provide the essential nutrients required by your body and should keep you satisfied so that you do not feel and hunger pangs. Here are recipes for some easy to make low calorie soups that will keep your body healthy and lean. You can take these soups before your meals to reduce your main course intake or you can have them in between the meals instead of munching on snacks.
Classic simple chicken soup
This soup contains very few ingredients which are easy to obtain and cooking in pressure cooker will save time. You can add innovations to this basic recipe by adding vegetables and flavors of your choice.
- Chicken – 2 pounds
- Peeled carrots- 3 numbers
- Peeled and quartered onion – 1 number
- Celery stalks – 2
- Black peppercorns- 1 teaspoon
- Kosher salt – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Water-4 cups
- Place the chicken in a pressure cooker.
- Cut 2 carrots and 1 celery stalk into 1 inch pieces
- Add the cut vegetables and quartered onion to the pressure cooker along with peppercorns, kosher salt and four cups of water.
- Pressure cook in low flame for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from flame and allow the chicken to cool by transferring to a bowl.
- Strain the chicken broth and remove the vegetables.
- Add strained broth again to the cooker and add remaining 1 carrot and celery to the broth and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Shred the cooked chicken after cooling and add to the broth.
- When the vegetables are tender, serve the soup in bowls.
The refreshing cucumber soup
This light soup is best for summer seasons as it has a body cooling effect. This soup has very low in calorie content and hence a good option for those who want to reduce their weight. There is no cooking needed to make this simple soup. You can find similar simple summer soup recipes by visiting Soup Recipes To Beat The Summer Heat.
- Cucumbers -2 medium sized
- Plain yoghurt- 1/3 cup
- Fresh mint leaves- ¼ cup
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Kosher salt
- Lime juice -1 tsp
- Peel and roughly chop the cucumbers
- Take a blender and add the chopped cucumber, yoghurt, lime juice, kosher salt, mint leaves and cayenne pepper. Blend the ingredients to a smooth mixture, add water if needed.
- This soup can be served chilled after seasoning it with salt and pepper.
- Bread and cheese will be a good accompaniment for this soup. You can avoid bread if you are trying to reduce your weight.
You can prepare the above soups and keep them refrigerated for 2-3 days and can use them whenever you feel hungry without the fear of adding extra calories to your body. You will find these soups very light and yet controlling your appetite. Chicken and yoghurt, provide the necessary proteins required by the body.