- Chicken breast
- One onion
- ½ medium-size green pepper
- Lime juice 1 tsp
- Cumin crushed ½ tsp
- Chili powder ½ tsp
- Canola oil 2 tbsp
- Egg substitute 2 cups
- Reduced fat Colby-Monterey reduced-fat jack cheese 1 cup
- Sour cream or salsa
This dish is a flavorful and quick one. Within a few minutes, it gets ready, but you will enjoy it thoroughly. This is a low carb Mexican food that you can enjoy in breakfast or brunch. Super easy to prepare and super delicious to eat.
- Take large size ovenproof skillet. Put some oil in it and heat it nicely. Put chicken, green pepper, salt, cumin, lime juice, onion and chili powder in a skillet and saute everything well. Cook chicken until it becomes brown and looks no longer pink.
- Once it has got its final texture, pour egg substitute over the chicken mixture. Cover the skillet with lid and cook dish for at medium to low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until everything sets perfectly.
- You can uncover skillet to check how it is cooked. Once the egg substitute is set, shred the jack cheese and spread it all over the egg and cover skillet with a lid. Cook it for one more minute until cheese melts. Once done, serve it hot with salsa or sour creme.
- For this recipe, you have to cut all main ingredients into thin slices. For e.g. cut chicken breast, onion, and pepper into thin slices as you are cooking it in skillet.
- You can cook it in the oven as well, once the egg substitute is set on the skillet.
- Avoid cooking this dish on high flame.