- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Cherry tomatoes 1 pint
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and minced
- Spinach 3 cups finely chopped
- Mozzarella balls 4 Oz fresh
- 10 medium size eggs
- Salt according to taste
- For garnishing, fresh chiffonade basil leaves
This recipe is an easy and fancy holiday recipe. This recipe is a perfect one for breakfast, lunch as well as brunch. The frittata is filled with melted mozzarella, roasted tomatoes, garlic infused spinach, and fresh basil. This has excellent taste, which is never forgotten. Moreover, it is low in carbohydrate.
- Heat the oven to 350 degree. Take a large size bowl and add the following ingredients in it, milk, egg, a small amount of pepper and salt. Mix all the ingredients using a whisk
- Take a skillet which is oven safe and heats it to medium heat. Put olive oil in a pan and then add cherry tomatoes in it. You have to cook tomatoes till it is charred a bit. It will be charred in 3 to 4 minutes of cooking.
- Add spinach and garlic in the pan. Saute spinach and stir it till it is wilted. It will take about 2 minutes. Add this mix in egg mixture we prepared in the first step. Stir all ingredients and top the egg portion with fresh balls of mozzarella.
- Keep the pan on the burner for about four minutes. Put the pan in the oven for baking for 10 to 12 minutes. It has to be baked until frittata is set perfectly. The frittata is now ready to serve. Garnish frittata with fresh basil and serve hot.
- You can add veggies of your choice to change the taste of frittata.
- While baking, keep checking the recipe to avoid burning.