- Processes cheese grated ¼ cup
- Sweet corn kernels coarsely crush ½ cup
- Bread slices whole wheat (6)
- Soft butter 1 tbsp
- One medium-sized onion, chopped
- Capsicum all colors, chopped ¼ cup
- Salt according to taste
- Mustard powder ¼ tsp
- Soft butter 6 tsp for spreading on bread
- Processes cheese, grated 3 tbsp
The grilled sandwich is super delicious in taste and you can enjoy it anytime. It has the tangy taste of tomatoes and sweet corn sweetness. The grilled sandwich is loaded with cheese and contains the wonderful taste of green veggies. The mustard powder dust gives a nice aroma to this sandwich.
- Take a skillet and put it on the gas stove. Add a generous amount of butter in it and fry all chopped vegetables in butter at low to medium heat. Add other ingredients in the pan like corn, cheese, salt, tomato, mustard powder and mix everything well. Cook it well on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes, keep stirring it occasionally.
- Divide the whole mixture into three equal portions and keep it aside. Take bread slices and apply butter on it. Apply butter on each slice and keep it aside.
- Keep the bread slices in preheated sandwich griller. The butter side facing side should be in the downward direction. Spread corn mixture on bread and sprinkle one tablespoon of cheese on bread and a small amount of green chilies evenly over the bread. Take second bread and sandwich it with butter sided bread facing upward.
- Put the sandwich in griller and grill the sandwich for 5 to 6 minutes. Grill the bread till it turns brown and crispy from both sides. Repeat the same steps to prepare two more sandwiches. Cut sandwich in 2 equal pieces diagonally. Serve it hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
- You can add more veggies in a sandwich to enhance its taste.
- Use seasoning of choice in the mix.
- If the butter will not be spread evenly on bread, it will not turn crispy.