- 1 kg of Broccoli, cut into florets
- One boneless Chicken, meat shredded (approximately 750 grams)
- 8 ounces of Cream Cheese
- A ¾ cup of Heavy Cream
- One teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- ¼ teaspoon of Pepper, ground
- A ¼ cup of Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 200C/390F.
- Place a saucepan of water over high heat and boil the broccoli for 2-3 minutes. Drain well.
- add to a large mixing bowl along with the shredded chicken.
- In a small saucepan, add the cream cheese, cream, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper and place over low heat. Whisk until the sauce is smooth.
- Pour the warm sauce into the broccoli and chicken mixture, add the basil, and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a casserole dish and top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until warmed through and the cheese has browned.
- serve instantly.