- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Onion chopped (2)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Birds eye mexican bean frozen Mix or 2 x 400g/15oz cans mixed beans, rinsed and drained
- Vegetable stock or broth 600ml
- Tomatoes chopped 400gm
- Red bell pepper 1 chopped
- Frozen sweetcorn 6 tbsp
- Tomato puree or paste 1 tbsp
- Cumin grounded 2 tsp
- Paprika 1 tsp smoked
- Oregano 1 tsp dried
- Dried chili flakes ½ tsp or according to taste
- Pepper and salt
To Serve (Optional)
- Lime wedges
- Avocado cuts into a slice
- Chili flakes dried
The vegan Mexican Bean soup is really delicious soup, you can enjoy anytime in any season. Packed with nutrients, this super tasty soup has everything spices, veggies, and flavors. The best thing about this recipe is you can prepare it in 15 minutes time only.
- For this recipe, you would require a big size pot. Take a large size pot with a thick base and keep it on the gas stove.
- Put some oil in a pot and then add the onion. Stir fry onion for about three minutes, until it leaves all moisture. Make sure it does not turn brown.
- Now, add garlic in a pot and fry it some few seconds. Add beans, chopped tomatoes, corn, stock paprika, cumin powder, tomato paste, chili powder, bell pepper in the pot and then fry it properly for some time.
- Boil the soup and then reduce heat to normal. Cook it on low flame for 12 minutes. The soup is almost ready to serve. But, before that taste it and season it with pepper and salt.
- Take it a bowl and serve it hot. You can add coriander, lime wedges, chili flakes, and avocado to add taste in the soup.
- This soup is freezer friendly, so you can freeze it.
- Complete this meal with nachos and salsa.