- Lean beef chuck – 1 1/2 pounds (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- Kosher salt
- Butter – for cooking
- Black pepper ( grounded freshly)
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped)
- White wine – 1 cup (dry)
- Dijon mustard – 1 tablespoon
- Corn starch – 1 tablespoon
- Beef broth – 1 cup (low-sodium)
- White button mushrooms – 1 pound
- Carrots – 3 (cut into 1/2-inch chunks)
- Celery- 2 stalks (chopped)
- Cheese – 1/4 cup (Neufchatel)
- Tomato paste – 2 tablespoons
- Fresh parsley – 1/4 cup (chopped rough)
- Whole wheat egg noodles – 12 ounces
The Pressure cooker beef stroganoff is an instant cooker whole meal all spiced with mushroom and parsley and cheesy gravy giving your taste buds a fest of their own.
- Take the beef and season it well with salt and pepper. Put it over the flame on cooking and sizzle the beef, till its brown. Once done take it off the pan, and keep away.
- Now add onions to the pan and cook till it becomes brownish-golden in color. It might take up to 5 minutes. To this add the minced garlic and tomato paste, and cook. Put the beef broth in and scrape off any brown beef stuck at the bottom of the pan.
- Now take the kept away beef and any liquid accumulated with it, and add to the already made mixture. For 18 minutes, set on high pressure and leave it to get cooked. On another flame, keep a big saute pan and put oil and butter. When the butter is melted, add mushroom and cook till brownish golden. Then add to these mushrooms seasoning of black pepper and salt.
- Now when the cooking time ends, let the pressure to naturally relieve for 10 minutes. After that manually remove any remaining pressure and then slowly remove the lid. In another container, mix corn starch and water and mix till a lump free mixture is made.
- Then slowly add this to the mixture, stirring slowly all the while. Let it simmer and come to boil. Now add the mushrooms and stir till mixed well. Line it with cheese and garnish with some freshly chopped parsley.
- When cooking the beef initially, do not hesitate to put extra oil for proper roasting.
- This dish is best served with noodles mentioned in the ingredients, spiced up with little black pepper and salt.
Do not relieve the pressure off the cooker instantly; allow it to leave on its own and the cooking should still go on during this time. Doing so would hurt the texture of the dish.