- Finely chopped pecans -½ cup
- Melted salted butter- 6 tablespoons
- Packed brown sugar- 2 tablespoons
- Gingersnaps- 12 ounces
- A dash of kosher salt
- 8 ounce of softened cream cheese- 3 packages
- Large eggs- 3
- A 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree
- Sour cream- ¼ cup
- Ground cinnamon- 1teaspoon
- Ground nutmeg- ½ teaspoon
- Vanilla extract- 1 teaspoon
Salted Caramel Sauce
- Heavy cream- ½
- Packed brown sugar- 1 cup
- Salted butter- ½ stick
- Kosher Salt- 1 teaspoon
- Whipped cream- to serve
- Chopped pecans- to serve
This dish will make you forget all the myths that baking a cake is a really difficult task, the caramel sauce will amuse your taste buds, and the creamy flavor of the icing makes you go nuts.
- For initiating your dish of gingersnap cheesecake, take a food processor or blender and grind the ginger snaps until you turn them into a fine powder. Pour the pecans, melted butter, salt, and brown sugar and the prepared powder, press the ingredients into a pan and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Prepare your oven by preheating it to 350 degrees F. Now to prepare the filling, beat the cream cheese to soften it and scrape the sides and pumpkin to it and then again scrape it. Add eggs and sour cream and mix it thoroughly, now pour the ingredients to a mixer and add granule sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg with the mixer on till it gets smooth.
- Pour all the fillings in a pan and smoothen the top. Set the pan on baking and bake it for 50 mins to make the paste a little paste-like, open the door of the oven slightly and let it rest in for 15 mins. Remove it from the oven and let it cool, wrap it in plastic and refrigerate it overnight.
- For the sauce, mix the sugar, cream, butter, vanilla and salt in a saucepan on medium heat. Heat till it thickens, let it cool, till need, and serve it warm. Slice the cheesecake with salted caramel, whipped cream, and chopped pecans.
- Use good ginger cookies in the crust for the cheesecake. It makes a huge difference.
- You can bake it in a water bake to avoid the cracks.
- Add the salt carefully; otherwise, it would overtake all the other flavors.