- 4 cups of diced potatoes, washed and peeled
- 2 cups of water
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- Start with the mashed potatoes. You take 4 to 5 potatoes first. Wash them properly and peel them off. Then, cut them into halves or quarters if bigger in size. This forms like 4 small cups of potatoes or 2 large cups. This is the final quantity, so make as much as you need.
- Prepare a large bowl. This is where you will start with mixing all the items. Take care that the water does not make the mixture runny. If so, then we can always fix it in the next step. Take the potatoes and boil them in the bowl with enough water. Do not over boil because it makes them watery and smooth. Remove and cool it down.
- Prepare the mix now. Take a large saucepan. This is where you will put the potatoes and green chilies. First. Use a spatula to mix them as much as you can. You can use a warm potato masher as well. Add a little water if required, the butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper except for the milk. Stir them at medium heat. Add a little water and bring to boil. Keep stirring. This mixes them evenly and more uniformly.
- Take them down now. Remove it from the heat and let it cool down. In about sometimes you can notice the mashed potatoes getting an evenly uniform and smooth texture. It gets to become thick. This is when you put it in a small bowl. Sprinkle some green onions or peanuts to make them crispy.
- Usually, the best way to add a little homemade touch to meals. Served with lunch or dinner. Maybe with breakfast too with eggs or a sandwich. Potatoes contain starch which is bodybuilding food. You can even serve them with the main course like chicken, beef and other meat and rice.
- Keep the mashed potatoes ready beforehand to use them directly into the saucepan. You can even use mashed potatoes from leftovers in the fridge. Just keep them aside for some time and not use directly from the fridge.