For the Curry Spice Mix
- About 6 cloves of garlic
- A thumb size ginger
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 lemon juice
For the Vegetable Curry
- 3 medium sized potatoes, diced
- 300 gm of chopped mushrooms
- 240 gm of chopped beans
- 200 gm of chopped baby corn
- 100 gm of peanuts
- 800 ml or 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite oil
- Cut the potatoes. This is the first step. Along with the potatoes, you also need to wash and chop the vegetables in usual sizes that you prefer to have. The beans, mushrooms, potatoes and baby corns are almost the same sizes so that they mix well.
- Make the curry paste. To start with the curry, you have to make the curry mix. Take the garlic and ginger, peel them properly and grind them or make a paste of them with mortar and pestle. Add the rest of the ingredients with it from under the “For curry mix” and mix them well into the paste. This is the mix for the curry.
- Cook the potatoes. Put the chopped potatoes into a large saucepan; add coconut milk, the curry paste prepared above and some salt. Let the mixture simmer for like 30 minutes or so. This will cook the potatoes and also allow the spice to be absorbed into the potatoes.
- Preheat the oven. While the potatoes are getting cooked, you can keep the oven ready at 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F. Just roast the peanuts slightly for like 15 minutes. This will be used later and keep it aside.
- Cook the vegetables now. First, add the mushrooms only to the saucepan and cook for like 5 minutes. The rest of the vegetables, that is, the baby corn and beans are now added to the pan where potatoes and mushrooms are being cooked. Cook them together for like 5 to 8 minutes. Finally, remove them from heat, sprinkle the peanuts just roasted. Stir them in with the curry. Add chopped coriander, chili, and salt.
- This is used as a dish with rice and other meals, including chapatti.