- 3 pounds or1.5 kg of petite red potatoes
- 4 tablespoon of your favorite oil
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon of freshly minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 tablespoon of ground black pepper
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- Cut the potatoes. This is the first step. You have to take potatoes and wash them well. No need to peel, but gently scrub them and wash them properly. Now, cut the potatoes into halves. They should be about the size of a mouthful bite. For the bigger potatoes, quarter the potatoes that are, cut the halves into halves. This is an important step. They should all pretty much be similar in sizes.
- Keep the baking oven ready. You have to preheat the oven to about 400 degrees F. Lightly grease the baking sheet. Take a large one that can fit all the potatoes in a single layer without much clumsiness.
- Prepare the mix now. Take a large bowl and put all the diced potatoes in them. Start with the oil and spread it over. Now, take all the ingredients except the parsley and butter. Mix them well with a big spoon till they are evenly coated. Also, put the parmesan cheese right now. Mix all of them properly.
- Place the mixture into the baking tray. Spread the potatoes all over the baking sheet in a single layer. Keep them spaced as much as possible. Now, it’s time to bake them. So, place the tray into the oven and bake them for like 45 minutes to 1 hour. Take a spatula and turn them two to three times in between so that all the sides get the golden brown color.
- Add butter. Pull the tray out and spread the butter in small cubes across the potatoes. Use the spatula to stir it gently to melt the butter and mix it with the potatoes. This is done now. Remove from the oven, sprinkle the parsley and serve right away.
- Serve this as a side dish with chicken or beef and rice.