- 1 and 1/2 pounds of red potatoes
- 1 pound of beef (thin pieces of sirloin steak)
- 1 teaspoon of freshly minced rosemary
- 2 teaspoons of garlic-pepper powder
- 1/2 cup of freshly chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Prepare the oven first. This is to precook the potatoes slightly. To do so, take a bowl; place the potatoes, water, and some salt. Now place them inside the microwave. Put the temperature to high and cook for about 7 to 9 minutes. You can check if the red potatoes have gotten tender by now. Don’t forget to cover the potatoes before the microwave. Drain them now and keep on the side.
- Toss the beef. Get the beef ready now. Take some skillet and pour about 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Put the onions and beef and toss them slightly. Do it at medium or a med-high flame. At low, this can take a lot of time. To toss, add only half of the beef mixture. Keep turning and stirring till the beef is brown. Now you know they are ready. Remove them from the pan, repeat the same with the rest half of the mixture. Taking them little by little gives you ample space to turn and toss. This helps cook them properly too.
- Combine them together. It is time to combine them together now. Take a clean skillet or just use the above one. Pour the remaining olive oil and heat it slightly. Add the potatoes that were left aside from the beginning. Stir them till they turn slightly brown. It might take about 4 to 5 minutes. Keep turning them occasionally. Now, place the favorite part. Put the beef mixture into the same skillet. Mix them thoroughly. Sprinkle with rosemary and serve.
- Don’t forget to cut the potatoes into small cubes or slices before placing them in the oven.