- Cola (¾ cup)
- Sauce of Worcestershire (¼ cup)
- Minced cloves of garlic (2)
- Vinegar that is white (1 tablespoon)
- Granules of beef bouillon that are sodium reduced (1 tablespoon)
- Powder of chili (½ teaspoon)
- Mustard that is grounded (½ teaspoon)
- Pepper that is cayenne (¼ teaspoon)
- 2 pounds of beef roast that is rump (1)
- Oil of canola (2 teaspoons)
- Medium sized chopped onions (2)
- Tomato ketchup (½ cup)
I’ve always found beef sandwiches very tasty. I cooked these sandwiches with my dad once on a day at home and still cherish the memory. The sandwich is amazing and has a real softness to it. Serve hot with coffee.
- Take a cup that is used for measuring. Now add the cola, sauce of Worcestershire, garlic cloves, white vinegar, beef bouillon, and mix it well with the ingredients of seasoning. Put this aside.
- Now, cut the roast rump of beef in two parts. Take a non-stick skillet and add the oil of canola to it. Then, put the roast once the oil is hot. Cook the roast till it is brown on both sides and is tender.
- Now, take a slow cooker and put onions in it. Add the meat. Now, add the blend of cola and sauces on top of this meat. Shelter the cooker and now cook this on a low flame for at least 8 to 10 hours. Cook the meat till it is soft. Any residual cola mixture is to be kept in the refrigerator.
- Once the meat is cooked, remove it from the cooker and let it cool down. Discard all the liquid in it. Preserve the onions. Once the meat is not warm anymore, take the help of two forks and shred it into pieces. Now again add the meat and onions to the cooker that is slow.
- Mix the remaining cola and ketchup and pour it on the meat mix. Now, heat the buns on a griller and put cheese slices. Then, add the meat mixture and place the top bun. Serve hot and fresh.
- You can choose to not to brown the roast.
- You can use Kashmiri powder of chili instead of cayenne pepper.
- Do not preserve the cola outside of the refrigerator.
- Do not use stale buns.