- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 pound peeled & deveined shrimp
- 2 packages refrigerated yakisoba noodles
- ¼ cup sliced green onion tops
- ½ cup julienned carrots
- ½ cup thinly sliced white/ yellow onion
- ¼ cup of thinly sliced celery
- 1 tbsp. of honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Salt and pepper
The shrimp chow recipe is one of the favorite dishes to eat if you are a lover of shrimps. At the same time, this is traditionally eaten in Chinese both as a party snack and also as street food. The way you prepare it can also add Indian fusion as well.
- Take a large pan and heat half oil in it. Then, add white onion and cook until the onion has started to soften and gained brown color, for 3 min.
- Then, add celery and carrots. Cook until vegetables to make them soft for 3 to 4 minutes. Add cabbage along with 2 tbsp. of water. Cook and stir along cooking, do it until cabbage is wilted and cooked properly, for about 3 to 4 min. Add salt and pepper.
- Transfer the vegetables into a plate. Now, heat the oil left in the pan and add the shrimp. Then, season the shrimp with pepper and salt for taste. Cook until you get pink and opaque, for 2 to 3 min.
- Add the vegetables with the shrimp. Tale and put them under the water that is hot until you can break them, for 2-3 min. add those noodles with the shrimp and vegetables.
- Take a small box. Mix soy sauce, honey, garlic, sesame oil and ginger in it. Pour the mixture on the noodles and mix them until they are coated evenly. Serve them.
You can change the vegetables and protein to come up with something new or different according to your families liking.
Serve the dish immediately or it might lose its taste.