- 1 tablespoon yeast (active dry)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 2 cups of warm water (Approximately 110° F)
- All Purpose Flour (5 ½ to 6 cups)
- Cornmeal/flour for dusting purposes
- Water (boiling temperature)
This simple and quick bread recipe is the perfect way of expressing your love towards your family. It is the best breakfast recipe. The beautiful crisp crust and soft crumbs will give you immense satisfaction.
- Take a bowl and mix yeast, sugar, and salt. Add the water to it. Let it rest until the yeast dissolves completely. Add the flour to the bowl. Mix the mixture thoroughly till the time there are all the flour gets incorporated and none of it remains stuck with the sides of the bowl. Sprinkle some dry flour on a flat and smooth surface. Transfer the dough to it and knead the dough continuously.
- Press the dough by pressing the heels of your hand over it. Rotate the dough to 90° each time you push the dough. Keep on repeating the process continues for 5 minutes. Let the dough rest for some minutes and then repeat the process for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Shift this dough to the bowl once again. Cover the bowl with a muslin cloth or a damp towel and let it rest for 1 to 2 hours. Take the dough out. Knead it once again so that the air bubbles come out.
- Divide the dough into two sections. Place the dough on cookie sheet and sprinkle cornmeal in a generous amount. Keep the dough aside for another 5 minutes.
- Put diagonal cuts on the loaves and brush cold water on them. Place a pan at the bottom of the oven which will be used for baking filled with boiling water up to 1 inch.
- Slowly transfer the loaves to the baking stone inside the oven. Bake at 400°F for nearly 35 to 45 minutes till the bread is golden brown.
- Add the flour carefully. At once add one cup only.
- While kneading the dough, keep on sprinkling dry flour on the dough to prevent it from sticking.
- Tap the loaves after they are baked. They should sound hollow.
Give a suitable time for the dough to rest.