- Warm water – 2 cups
- Brown sugar- ¼ cup
- Active dry yeast- 2.25 ounces
- Vegetable oil- 1 tablespoon
- Salt- 2 teaspoon
- Rye flour -2½ cup
- All-purpose flour – 2¾ cups
- Caraway seed – 1 tablespoon
Caraway rye bread is one of the simplest and tastiest rye bread recipes and it has the taste which is loved by all which includes kids and adults everybody as this bread taste delicious and is prepared under 50 minutes. The amazing combo of the caraway seeds and rye flour make this dish far superior to other bread dishes and also this bread is quite healthy and heavy which if done right will taste quite amazing.
- Take a large mixing bowl. Take the other ingredients like water, caraway seeds, brown sugar, rye flour, all-purpose flour, active dry yeast and vegetable oil with you. Then the yeast shall be dissolved in the ½ cup warm water.
- Mix the brown sugar, oil, salt and also caraway and stir them well. Mix the rye flour and all-purpose flour and grind them until they become in a shape of soft and smooth dough and it should be properly elastic and for this, it should be needed for 6-8 minutes.
- All the dough should be placed in a greased bowl. Then turn it to the grease top and shall be left covered for around 1 hour in a warm place until it is doubled. Then nicely punch down the dough and then neatly divide it into two halves and shape the halves into the two balls of equal size.
- Take two 8 inches round cake pan which shall be nicely greased. Then spread the balls to 6 inches diameter. After it then covers it nicely and leaves it for around 30 minutes so that it can be rise to nearly double. Set the temperature of the oven at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes and let it be baked until it is golden brown.
- You can double the caraway seeds according to your taste.
- You can also substitute the all-purpose flour with the whole wheat flour for a different taste.
- Check that your pan is nicely greased otherwise it would burn the balls at the base.