- 1 kg Chicken thighs/legs
- 300 grams Canned cherry tomatoes 1 can
- 240 ml of Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 inch Ginger
- 3 tbsp Canola oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin powder
- 1 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp Garam masala
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 2 tbsp Smoked sweet paprika
As they say, the slower the meat cooks, the better it tastes. The slow cooker chicken may take a longer time to cook, but it is a great meal to have with the taste that it has afterward. It can be served with rice and roti as well.
- Prepare the chicken. Wash it thoroughly, and spare it to drain. Season chicken with pepper and salt thoroughly. Prepare a paste by grinding onions, ginger and garlic till it becomes smooth.
- Mix the spice mix ingredients and 1/4th cup water and continue blending. Heat two tablespoons of oil in a frying pan and add the paste into it and further heat it on medium to low for about 3 to 5 minutes till it becomes fragrant.
- Place the seasoned chicken in the bottom of a slow cooker and pour the paste over it. Add yogurt and can of cherry tomatoes over it. Season it with salt and pepper and give it a good amount of stir. Cook chicken in the slow cooker on low – for 300 mins or on high – for 180 mins.
- At last, add chopped cilantro and lemon juice and spare some time to stir. Next, to it, you can taste it and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- In case you don’t have a slow cooker, you can also cook chicken on the stovetop. Cook the chicken. It takes around 45 minutes for the chicken to cook well. Add chopped cilantro and lemon juice and taste. Adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- When cooking in a slow cooker, it’ll be preferable to use cuts that will endure the long cooking. It’s not advisable to use breast for curries, rather you should use thighs. But yet, you can use breasts and reduce the cooking time to 2 hours.
- It is preferred to use curry powder.
Do not overheat the chicken.